- PWRNetwork’s (Passion World Radio Network) “Blog Talk/ Power Talk,” with Lillian Cauldwell, 4:00-4:30 pm EDT, June 26, 2013, located at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pwrnetwork. Download: MP3 of BlogTalkRadio Interviews with Lillian S. Cauldwell 6-26-13
- WREK 91.1 FM’s “North Avenue Lounge,” with Charlie Bennett, aired August 26, 2013, from 12:00-1:00 pm EDT. Listen at: http://northavenuelounge.com/john-cressler/.
- “Soundbites,” Troy Public Radio, interview with Carolyn Hutcheson, aired September 9, 2013. Available at: https://soundcloud.com/troypublicradio .
- “Happy Hour Variety Show,” Big Blend Radio, with Lisa Smith and Nancy Reid, to air September 18, 2013, at 7:00 pm EDT. Listen at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/big-blend-radio/2013/09/18/happy-hour-variety-radio .
- “Writer’s Chatroom,” with Lisa Jackson, 7:00-9:00 pm EDT, September 22, 2013, located at: www.thewriterschatroom.com.
- “Midday Conversations Radio Show,” with Cyrus Webb, Wednesday, October 9, 2013, at 1:00 pm EDT, located at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/middayconversations/2013/10/09/author-john-d-cressler-stops-by-conversations-live .
- “Absolutely Intercultural,” with Dr. Laurent Borgmann, Friday, December 13, 2013. Podcast located at: http://www.absolutely-intercultural.com.
John D. Cressler is a professor and author. Cressler’s historical fiction is aimed at bringing alive medieval Moorish (Muslim) Spain for modern audiences. This site focuses on Cressler’s historical fiction, including: background material, photographs, reviews, videos, radio spots, blog posts, upcoming book presentation and signing events, and an author biography. Readers interested in medieval Spain, the nature of love, interfaith issues, and the concept of convivencia (the unique peaceful coexistence of Muslims, Jews and Christian in medieval Spain) will find the Anthems of al-Andalus series compelling. Or you may just be after a GREAT read. Look no further! Cressler’s first novel, Emeralds of the Alhambra (Sunbury Press, 2013), is set during the Castilian Civil War (1367-1369), a time when Muslims took up their swords to fight alongside Christians. Much of the action takes place within Granada’s Alhambra Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the best-preserved medieval Islamic palace in the world. Cressler’s second novel, Shadows in the Shining City(Sunbury Press, 2014), is set in late 10th century Cordoba, at the height of the Golden Age of Moorish Spain. Much of the action takes place within Madinat al-Zahra (literally, ‘the shining city’), widely considered the most lavish royal palace ever constructed in the west. The third novel in the series, Fortune’s Lament, is currently in development and will be set in Granada and Malaga leading up to the fall of the Moorish Spain in 1492. A 2016 release is planned. All three novels are love stories designed to break open this rich history.
In addition to details about Cressler’s fiction, this site also includes material on his many non-fiction books, some of which, Silicon Earth and Reinventing Teenagers, are intended for general audiences. Enjoy!